Sort order of Project files in the treeview

Mar 24, 2011 at 12:59 PM

First. Fantastic tool :-)

Second, When editing large project, it woul dbe nice to be able to sort the project files in the treview by something else than their filename.

When using the "Automatically add multiple files", to add ressource files from multiple folders in a large hirarchi, it would be nice to be able to sort the files by their complete path, instead of just the file name, as files from the same folder becomes scatthered all over the tree.

Regards

Thomas

Coordinator
Mar 24, 2011 at 1:16 PM

Thanks, Thomas

Do I understand your request correctly, that the right-click function "Sort items alphabetically" (only available on the blue project folder icons) is currently too limited?

Cheers
Uwe 

Mar 24, 2011 at 2:04 PM

Hi Uve

Yes and no. Its exactly the functionality I am looking for, just had not notiched that it was there on the blue project folder. But frequently i just add a whole folder hierarchy with ressource files to the root of the zeta project, and then I have no options to sort everything. But i can see that by just creating af blue porject folder, and adding everything to this, I get the option to sort everything as I like it. So I do not realy know if I can claim that its missing :-). Maybe just mention it in the documentation.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Thomas

Coordinator
Mar 24, 2011 at 4:09 PM

No documentation planned :-)

I'll add the function to the root, too.

Coordinator
Mar 24, 2011 at 4:47 PM

New version (2.1.0.92) ist online. Thanks for your suggestion!

Mar 27, 2011 at 4:12 PM

Thanks. Exactly what I was missing :-)